FireEngines.net Forums
November 21, 2017, 01:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenfield Pierce using Fire Replicas Milwaukee Engine  (Read 393 times)
JoeO

« on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »

I used InQuarters decals FD-1 the generic sheet is basically town and apparatus names. Combining Green and Field I am able to create the city name Greenfield. I was going to build a mate for my Columbia Rescue (AKA Milwaukee Rescue) however I changed my mind at the last minute. Once you have a blank truck you can get very creative with the decals. The light scope was from a Columbus Code 3, size wise it worked well. The tricky part was the decal on the hose bed cover, like the roof it did not want to come off, so I removed the cover and repainted it banner red, I was amazed at how close the color was.

The truck does not have to be removed from the base, intact it makes it easier since I donít want to leave finger prints on the truck.

* milwaukeeadd6.jpg (90.7 KB, 640x332 - viewed 37 times.)

* milwaukeeadd3.jpg (101.15 KB, 640x480 - viewed 38 times.)

* milwaukeeadd4.jpg (307.52 KB, 980x1505 - viewed 35 times.)

* Milwaukee7add.jpg (316.42 KB, 1064x1419 - viewed 34 times.)
Lieutenant146

E-10, the pride of Maplewood

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »

Nice work. How are you removing the factory markings? I am not well versed in removing markings from resin models. I am assuming they are not tempo prints as that process could be damaging to comparatively fragile resin. I would be reluctant to try nail polish remover on painted resin. I have done several die casts of "later issue" that had the paint literally fall off using the old NPR method. Since the "shops" here have been silenced, I have been out of the bashing loop.

Jim from Western NY State
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dewey-and-Ridgeway-RFD/345262425502589?ref=hl
http://deweyandridgeway.com
Any job, big or small, DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL!--- There is now proof positive that you can't cure stupid.
JoeO

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:59:10 PM »

Jim,
I am finding some of the trucks have waterside decals on them. Both the Milwaukee Engine and Rescue are water slide decals. I have not tried nail polish remover yet, I have been  removing the decals from the front and side using a toothpick (well lots of toothpicks). These trucks had a two part decal the gold on top of a blueish green so it was more work.  The roof decal did not want to come off so I covered the numbers with Silver Decal Trim Film, also I figured I would add a scope light. The numbers on the hose bed also did not want to come off without removing the paint so I just paired over them. To date the Sutphen's, Chicago engines and the Demo Seagraves; engine and red tower have been easiest. Again not all trucks have waterside decals, on some they are painted and a wrap type decal is put on over the paint. In fact the best one to play with is the Sutphen Demo engine 2 door logos and word Sutphen above the grill.

Hopefully you will open the shops again soon.

JoeO

* Milwaukeeremove1.jpg (95.3 KB, 640x480 - viewed 12 times.)

* Milwaukeeremove2.jpg (106.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 22 times.)

* milwakeeremove3.jpg (98.84 KB, 640x480 - viewed 16 times.)
JoeO

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »

Nice work. How are you removing the factory markings? I am not well versed in removing markings from resin models. I am assuming they are not tempo prints as that process could be damaging to comparatively fragile resin. I would be reluctant to try nail polish remover on painted resin. I have done several die casts of "later issue" that had the paint literally fall off using the old NPR method. Since the "shops" here have been silenced, I have been out of the bashing loop.

Jim
Pages 8 and 9 have some of the bashes from my fire replicas in this tread http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php/topic,19739.105.html
Billd

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:48:05 PM »

Greenfield is a good choice Joe. Greenfield, Ohio, is the former home of Ferno-Washington, makers of early ambulance cots, and folding stretchers. Also the former home of Johnny Paycheck.
piercemetalfinisher

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »

Greenfield is a good choice Joe. Greenfield, Ohio, is the former home of Ferno-Washington, makers of early ambulance cots, and folding stretchers. Also the former home of Johnny Paycheck.

There's also a Greenfield, Wisconsin which is actually a close suburb of Milwaukee. Either way, good choice Joe!

"I just love that new firetruck smell."
Pages: [1]
  Print  
  Link to Calendar  
Jump to: