FireEngines.net Forums
October 17, 2017, 02:49:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I always said Fire Replicas were too expensive for me.........................  (Read 785 times)
EngineLT

« on: August 11, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »

Then they released the FDNY rescue set and I ordered it. They really knocked it out of the park with this release. Hopefully I can survive my wife's wrath.  Grin

https://www.firereplicas.com/fire-department-city-of-new-york-rescue-3-piece-set/
JamesKus

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:35:55 PM »

I've said this before -- just make sure that your wife has a more expensive hobby (like horses)....  I don't even want to know how much she spends, but there's never a question when an occasional big package from Wisconsin shows up at the front door.

James S. Kus
Emeritus Professor of Geography and Registered Professional Archaeologist
California State University, Fresno  --  Fresno, CA  93619
CFO: KHA Farms, dba Eden Ranch, Sanger, CA
rastuman

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »

Selling out fast!
TOYTRUCKER

Write 'The Little Engine House' Column in TT Mag.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »

Wonder if Judge Judy would consider a group 'retainer' for all the husbands out there who are now into Fire Replica's models..?

So much for hiding the Code 3's, folks..!

And, a real tip of the white helmet goes to Nicholas Neumann, who saw the vision, took the chance, and is now on his way to living his dream...  Thanks from all of us, Nick...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

EngineLT

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

And the three piece set has sold out!!!!
CCFR-45

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »

Well... You're not the only one. I purchased the set as well. I HOPE they bring the last two rescues to complete the set.

Thanks for sharing

JoeO

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »

https://www.firereplicas.com/sold-out/
Lieutenant146

E-10, the pride of Maplewood

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »

No wife & still not affordable.
 Wink

Jim from Western NY State
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dewey-and-Ridgeway-RFD/345262425502589?ref=hl
http://deweyandridgeway.com
Any job, big or small, DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL!--- There is now proof positive that you can't cure stupid.
gafireman

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »

This is why I have a P.O. Box and a rear outside entrance to my basement shop which leads to the fireman man cave!!  No longer necessary to answer any embarasing  questions.
NZfirefighter

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 04:41:57 AM »

I know these things are collectables but why not produce more and lessen the price so more of us can afford to enjoy these awesome models
gafireman

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »

These type of collectibles are always going to have a limited market.  I am sure the folks at Fire Replicas have looked at the market for a particular model, and based their production run on that.  I think you would have to have a run in the many thousands to see any appreciable decrease in the retail price.  Don't forget the amount of hand assembly involved in each piece.
CCFR-45

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »

These type of collectibles are always going to have a limited market.  I am sure the folks at Fire Replicas have looked at the market for a particular model, and based their production run on that.  I think you would have to have a run in the many thousands to see any appreciable decrease in the retail price.  Don't forget the amount of hand assembly involved in each piece.

Exactly, These models are not meant for the masses. To much hand assembly and detail. We've NEVER seen this amount of perfection when it comes to a model since, possibly TWH. However, I'd put these models well above TWH.

Task Force 7

"WHERE THE WEST BEGINS"

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 05:15:45 PM »

I've told myself the same thing. However I bit the bullet last month and bought Milwaukee's Rescue 2.  The detail is just awesome!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  
  Link to Calendar  
Jump to: