FireEngines.net Forums
May 22, 2017, 05:28:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fire engine parts  (Read 424 times)
reznap2002

« on: April 26, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »

I have a 1/32 Franklin Mint Pierce Snorkel fire engine.  I need to remove a bent metal rod that the main scissor ladder rotates around in order to extend.   The metal rod is bent.   The kit has many screws which are no problem.  However, the rod has a flat round head.  The rod is an inch long and appears to secure on the other side of the ladder.  This is my first diecast fire engine.   The rod is not taken out by a screw driver or a wrench.  Is someone familiar with this type of fastener and how to remove it?  Or where I should post this question for an answer?

Thank you,
Ron Snow
JoeO

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:20 PM »

Send a message to dfdeng44 Jeff has taken a few of those apart.

reznap2002

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »

Thank you for the help.  I have sent him an email.

Ron Snow
gafireman

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »

Can you post an image of the part??
reznap2002

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:07 PM »

I'm not able to get a picture.  However, if you go down 9 posts below my original, dfdeng44 , 1/32  Chicago sq. A snorkel, has a picture  dated Nov. 19th.,2016 that I hope will help.   When you look at the far left end of the boom you see two screws, one above the other.  To the right and aprox. half way between the screws is a round fastener.  There are others along the side of the boom.  Their heads are smaller than the screw heads and they are located where rotation is needed.  The fastener goes through the boom and connects on the other side.  It has to be over an inch long.  A cloth like material covers the end of the boom, so I can not see the body of the fastener.   The fastener is bent aprox . 1/16" from the head of the fastener.  This crimps the boom.   Also, I need to take the plastic piece off the two screws and the fastener go through as it is broken.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  
  Link to Calendar  
Jump to: